One of Victoria’s most spectacular winery regions, with outstanding vineyards and mountains, the Yarra Valley, a leisurely one-hour drive from Melbourne’s CBD. It is a natural amphitheatre, which makes it the perfect location for a ballooning tour: great views, native fauna and flora, excellent food and wine and stable weather. Let the breeze usher you along the corridors of grape vines and over the Yarra River as you lose yourself in the breathtaking views of mountains that surround the valley.
- Approximate 1 hour balloon flight over the Yarra Valley – one of the world’s most picturesque flying regions
- Sparkling breakfast after the flight
- Free parking at Balgownie Estate
- Complete flight and ground insurance
- Launch and landing government fees
- A carbon neutral flight – Global Ballooning Australia is the only Victorian operator to offset our carbon emissions
- In-flight photography taken on most flights – opportunity to purchase photos at breakfast on a USB for $20
- A flight certificate, postcard and exclusive e-coupon booklet to prove it happened
- Flights departing 364 days of the year, weather permitting
Schedule for the Day:
The entire experience lasts 4-5 hours in total so usually completed between 9-10am.
- Night before your flight (after 6pm) : Check the flight information (weather update and meeting time) by downloading our app or by clicking on this link: Yarra Valley Flight Update Page.
- 1.5 hours before sunrise (time confirmed night before) : Meet pilots and crew at designated time and venue; Global Ballooning Australia will drive all passengers to launch site
- Launch : Passengers can assist with the set up/ inflation of the balloon
- Sunrise : Fly for approximately 1 hour
- Land : Passengers can assist to pack up the balloon which is quite fun
- Breakfast : Global Ballooning Australia drive all passengers back to meeting point which is where breakfast is held.