Mornington Peninsula, Geelong & Bellarine Peninsula
Experience Melbourne’s beautiful Port Phillip Bay! In just 40 minutes, a sleek and stylish ship will cruise you and your car effortlessly across Port Phillip Bay. It’s the fastest, most relaxing and scenic way to link Victoria’s Great Ocean Road with the Mornington Peninsula and the little penguins of Phillip Island. And it reveals the most spectacular Bay views, from historic Sorrento on the Mornington Peninsula to quaint Queenscliff on the Bellarine Peninsula.
Operated by Searoad Ferries, two ships provide hourly departures from each charming village between 7am and 6pm, seven days a week.
This drive-on-drive-off experience is a very smooth and easy way to continue your road trip rather than driving the 200 kilometre/3 hours around through city traffic and on toll roads.
What you see on the Bay crossing
- Pass by 3 Marine National Parks and travel in pristine waters.
- The view varies every day
- Dolphin spotting all year, whales in winter
- Cliff top mansions
- Point Nepean National Park
- Chinaman’s Hut Seal colony and Pope’s Eye
- Historic buildings of Queenscliff
- Queenscliff black Lighthouse, one of three in the world
- Easy drive on/drive off, no turning required
- Lift from the Car Deck to the Lounge Deck
- Café serving fresh, healthy light meals and snacks as well as barista made coffee
- Floor to ceiling viewing windows and observation decks
- Wi-Fi and charging stations
- Children’s Play Area
If you see this Google Maps wasn't properly loaded. Please refresh your page 🙂